So, what is it like to be pregnant with triplets at 19 weeks? Things are VERY different from a singleton pregnancy! Here are symptoms I have that I usually get in the 3rd trimester (or around 30w+ or so):
* I have gained close to 30# already
* I have Braxton Hicks contractions here and there
* I have trouble getting comfortable at night to sleep
* I get up 2x a night to use the bathroom
* I have bad heartburn & acid reflux at night
* If I am up too much, my ankles swell.
* If I sit too long, my ankles swell.
* I am super congested all the time and it is hard to breathe.
* Speaking of breathing, I get VERY winded just walking up or down our stairs.
* I already feel like I am well into my 3rd trimester. (based on past pregnancies)
These are not complaints, just the symptoms. I am still on Phenegran 1-2x a day for nausea. I am also having to start Pepcid AC for the heartburn reflux. I have never had to take meds for either of these conditions in the past, but everything is super intensified with triplets I am realizing. I have to get and keep many calories down and I need my esophagus to not be permanently damaged. So, the meds I take. My goal weight to gain for the pregnancy is 50#-60#. The goal for the babies my doctor said is to get to the 37th week, which starts on May 17th.
I wanted to open up the comments for you to ask any questions you may have about the triplets or the pregnancy. I get asked lots of questions, but I never know what someone is wondering about. So, ask away and I will answer them in my next post!