Monthly Archives: October 2013
Well, never mind. The Unisom/B6 cure was only temporary…
I started Zofran yesterday. I am waiting for it to work. Dr. K had me start at 1/2 tablet every 8 hours and now that is upped to 1 tablet. We are praying this brings me some kind of relief so I can function even a bit, eat, and sleep. This by far is the worst I have ever been. I have never needed drugs.
I have my next u/s on Tuesday. My blood work is Monday. I am hoping my progesterone is through the roof and I can wean down/off this stuff. I know it is making me feel worse. I will be seeing the MFM for this u/s. I saw here a few times with my pregnancy with Sarah. We have a great relationship and I look forward to seeing her again.
Just wanted to pop in and say that I am still here and praying through this first trimester. Fall is my very favorite season and when people ask what is my favorite color, I like to say “fall”. I love all of the colors of fall. So, the cooler weather, the falling leaves and having days where I can wear sweaters are little blessings I love this time of year! Too bad my tummy couldn’t handle a Pumpkin Spice Latte this season. That’s okay. Peppermint Shake season at Chick Fil A is almost here!!
Happy Fall Y’all!
Things I have learned in the last few days:
- Canada has a prescription med that is specifically formulated for morning sickness. The 2 ingredients are Unisom and Vitamin B6 both in a time release cap. I read up on it and bought Unisom and some B6. I started breaking pills in 1/2s and thirds and started taking it. It has been a life saver. I can function again. I am still nauseous all day, but I can at least eat a little bit here and there and I am not throwing up. The insomnia at night from the 24/7 morning sickness has been relieved with this combo, but I have yet to figure out how to make it “time released” and I tend to be a bit groggy during the day. A key thing I have learned: Both must be taken together and never let a dose wear off—too hard to get back on the other side if you wait until you are at your worst again.
- I have learned that Blue Sky Jamacian Ginger Ale with stevia rocks for me right now. I can’t even get water down. I didn’t want suger or artificial sweeteners and this one settles my tummy a bit. It has real giner root and ginger oil and it has a bit of a spicy kick to it. My tummy likes it. I must have it near by, all the time.
- The maternity clothes I have are not going to get me very far at all. Uh, with triplets, my body is thinking it needs to be on an expansion project rather early. I am eating hardly anything and still the clothes get tighter and tighter as each day passes. I was in maternity clothes at the beginning of 6 weeks. This is serious stuff.
- This house wouldn’t be running at all without sweet Rebecca stepping in. She has done an amazing job helping care for littles and being in the kitchen when I absolutely can’t. I can’t.
- Instead of Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C, we need to name these little ones, Chick, Fil, and A. since I eat something from there every day it seems.
I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are very excited, but I have to tell you the all day morning sickness is definitely x3! It is even keeping me up during the night. I have been trying every remedy I can think of and that has been suggested. Just wanted you to know I am still here.
We had our ultrasound today. Today is 6w4d. I will give many more details later, but for now here are our latest baby pics to share. ENJOY!!
We are pleased to introduce to you:
symptoms: no change. : )
Nothing new really. Waiting for our little old town pharmacy to find Estrace. It’s not like there is a shortage of it, but they act like it’s a controlled narcotic or something. They can “release” 20 tablets to me today and then I can call in for some more! lol!
2 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE ULTRASOUND!!!!!!!
This has been a lot longer it seems than the 2ww after the transfer? We have been praying that all three little ones have survived, but we know that the probability of that would be slim, BUT we also know our Lord is way beyond and way above statistics. All that said, what is your hunch (for fun of course)?
- FET 1 hatching 6AA blast, 1 hatching 6BA blast, 1 expanding 3BC blast
- 3dp5dt 1st +HPT
- Beta 11dp5dt 829
- Beta 13dp5dt 2,033
So what are y’all thinking? Singleton, Twins, or Triplets?
Wednesday morning is showtime!
Symptoms: The queasiness is here all day long. Smells of any kind can “get” me. It could even be a pleasant smell to most people, but to me these days, uh, no. Clothes aren’t fitting anymore.
I think it is official, last night will be the last time I handle, prep, or cook raw poultry until my second trimester when the morning sickness is gone. I couldn’t even eat the chicken soup that sounded so good before I started to make it. They all loved it and had seconds. Me? I ate cheese nachos.
I am going to try a few different remedies for the morning sickness this time around, but honestly, nothing has worked in the past. It is just part of the territory! : )
I will leave you with Sarah’s idea of a redneck stroller for her stuffed flamingo.
symptoms: fatigue & I have a sneaky suspicion morning sickness is right around the corner any day now. Too many hints that it is coming!
I gave Elizabeth 3 sesame seeds yesterday and told her that is how big each of the babies is right now. She asked if I could give her beans when the babies were the size of beans?
Surprisingly, she took the sesame seeds and carried them with her all day in her pocket. When we went to take Dustin to the doctor, she had me wait so she could make them comfortable to take in the car.
She had them all day with her and was excited to tell Daddy all about them when he got home.
So, I wonder if she is going to want to carry around watermelons come May? ; )
You know after being pregnant as many times as I have and of those times having 5 full term pregnancies, I am still in awe of the Lord’s handiwork in creation.
5 week development for a baby: