Monthly Archives: September 2013
We got the call just a little while ago and our Beta is….. 829!!
Progesterone is at 80.
Our next beta is Wednesday morning. Nurse K said that they are not going to be looking for doubling, but just for the number to go up “something”. She said it is highly likely there are multiples!
We took this test when I came home from getting our blood work this morning.
I’m 11dp5dt and it’s Beta Day! I leave in less than 2 hours for my blood draw. I usually hear from the nurse late afternoon or even after closing time. I will post as soon as the number is in 🙂
I am definitely staying busy this weekend. I keep thinking about our 1st Beta this coming Monday. It is at 7:30 a.m., but I usually don’t hear from Nurse Katie until late afternoon. I will post as soon as we hear from her.
Our cool front left way too quickly. The temp is to be a scorching “feels like” temp of 95 with high, thick, humidity by noon today! So, Levi and Rebecca are out doing outside chores early.
Symptoms today? I “feel” pregnant. I mean the symptoms this time are very strong and we are praying for a high Beta on Monday.
I am watching my PIO injection sites, I *may* be developing a reaction to the PIO. I did with Sarah’s pregnancy and started running a low grade fever and had redness with heat at the injection site, but no itching or anything. I was on PIO (ethyl oleate) with Sarah and my Dr. at the time switched me to Crinone gel and the fever went away quickly!
The last two transfers as well as this one, Dr. K gave me PIO (cottonseed oil) and I have never had this happen until now. No fever yet, but I am keeping an eye on it.
Off to take the littles outside. They are itching to go play in the baby pool!
Thank you for all the encouragement and letting me know you all are praying and thinking of us : )
I have no desire to test anymore. In fact, I think it will be difficult to even test the day of the Beta, yet I don’t want to hear the news over the phone? I have a few more days to think about it I suppose. ; )
Symptoms? Well, it is always so hard to tell between phantom progesterone induced symptoms and the real deal. We have had 4 FETs and all of them were very similar. The last two transfers I had a lot of phantom symptoms or maybe they were just exaggerated by the progesterone since I was indeed pregnant, but my betas were very low.
I do not remember having to go to the bathroom all of the time no matter if I was drinking a lot of water or not. I have to go all the time these last couple of days. The other symptom I do not recall having these last two transfers is a strong pressure/pulling feeling really low in front and in back. I have no cramping or AF-type cramping at all. Though, I looked these up and both of these can be progesterone side effects. So, really, I have no idea, but we know WHO does. I just will need to wait until Monday to find out.
I am hopeful. I mean really, a BFP on 3dp5dt? Y’all must think I am nuts to be nervous? However, this is the woman who has had 8 miscarriages. Fear is a struggle, but I am clinging to the Lord’s promises during this time.
Just thought I’d update y’all : )
I have gone back and forth on whether or not to post today. I wanted to wait to take an HPT on our beta day and test the morning of our beta test. That test is next Monday (9/30). Well, I am weak, as many of you know, in the area of HPTs. Rhea was on board to test though. Okay, we knew this would be negative, but thought, well, I could get the “testing” out of my system and then we would wait until next Sunday to test the night before our beta. So, we tested 3 days after our transfer. We were shocked to see this:
So, well, since I had “more” tests available, thanks to my dear, precious, friend Kristine, We took another test Monday morning. I was still 3dp5dt as my transfer happened at 11:30 EST and this one was taken at 6:00 a.m. CST.
Then, there was this morning. I opened a new pack of FRERs. The previous 3 were from the same package. The test this morning seemed the same if not lighter maybe? No worries, we are obviously pregnant!
We had a smooth transfer and have the 2 from our first donor and then a single from another donor. We had all survivors and have three babies on board. The embryologist graded the one on top a 3BC the large one below a hatching 6AA (those 2 are genetic siblings) the bottom left little one is a hatching 6BA. The B was because of the dark area in the center she said. Well, we have seen the Lord do amazing things with Sarah and her genetic siblings, so we pray for these little ones’ strength as they grow. We will be staying in Knoxville until Saturday.
Yes, I know it is 10:30 p.m. here, but I had a FULL day! We leave tomorrow morning for the airport and then we will be in Knoxville late afternoon. I look forward to my date night with my sweet hubby tomorrow night. Our transfer time is 11:15 a.m. EST on Thursday. I think this will all sink in once I settle into my seat on the plane.
PIO shots started yesterday. You think I would be used to these now after so many cycles, but no. I still dread them. (insert shivers). I have a PIO “system”, but I still do not like those shots. HOWEVER, that just means we are that much closer to our transfer this week.
We fly out Wednesday morning and I am busy typing up list after list for the kids and the caregivers who will be staying here while we are gone. I have made the big grocery store run, so their tummies will all be quite content. Now I am writing up their studies list, medical release forms, and organizing all of the bills for Rhea to look at before we leave.
Tomorrow will be packing day & print the boarding passes day!
It’s official! We fly to TN on Wednesday to adopt our babies! Our transfer will be on Thursday. We are so excited and so surprised. I was prepared for the doctor to cancel the transfer because the last two weeks my body didn’t seem to be responding to the meds. Well, everything seemed to check out great. The follicles were all gone except one that was just at a 4. My lining was 13.5 according to Katie, but the doctor here said it was 15. 13.5, 15, whichever, we are going to Knoxville! Hooray!! Praise the Lord!
This week flew by way faster than I expected. I have my u/s and blood work in the morning and then we will be waiting for the call from Dr. K’s office. This cycle has been different than our previous three cycles. Symptoms, reactions and how my body has responded to the meds this time has been completely different, that is for sure!
I have no idea what the results will be. I am trusting in the Lord and His plan for our family. Though, I will admit, I am wrestling with the idea that this could all be the end of our EA adoption journey after tomorrow’s appointment and call. I try not to let my mind “go” there, and when the fear creeps up, I pray. Thank you for joining us in prayer as we look to tomorrow. I know a lot of you read and do not leave comments and that is okay. I know you are praying and thinking of us during this time. We do not take it for granted.