Thank you for all of your kind comments in our last few posts. We have been blessed by family, church family, and friends who have grieved with us as we have mourned the loss of our 4 precious babies. As I shared in our last post, we have 4 more little ones waiting in the freezer. The May cycle at the NEDC will be here sooner than we think, so we have been on the phone and communicating by email with everyone at the NEDC planning for our next cycle.
I had my final beta yesterday and the results showed that my hCG level was back to zero. So, now we wait for my next cycle to begin and I will be assigned my protocol for the next transfer. I talked to nurse Katie today and she said she may even have our transfer date ready by the end of next week!
When we adopted Sarah and her siblings as embryos we held a HUGE yard sale (see here and here for posts). We set a goal of $3,000 and the Lord brought the items and buyers and we met that goal! For this upcoming transfer, due to an additional cost we had not planned on and the fact that airfare is higher this trip for some reason, we will need $7,400 to return to the NEDC.
Yes, that seems like a large number, but did I ever share our final total for the first phase of this adoption? We needed over $13,000 during a time when Rhea had no work and we were living on savings. The Lord provided through many means over $11,000 for the adoption of these 8 little ones.
Monday, we set up a new expense page to calculate the cost for this 2nd transfer and as I shared it comes to $7,400. We have seen the Lord move in mighty ways through this current adoption and we looked at the $7,400 total and prayed and then got to work.
- I listed a good number of items on eBay and am continuing to do so with items people have donated and items we found around the house. If you would like to look at our items, contact me and I will give you our eBay ID.
- We will be hosting a yard sale in 2 weeks and sent out requests for item donations.
- We still have our coffee account up with Just Love Coffee Roasters.
- We still have our grant fund set up with AdoptTogether (where donors will receive a tax deductible form for their taxes)
- We are thinking through some more ideas to quickly get going.
- close to $200 in eBay sales.
- Several families calling today to say they have furniture, household, and many other items for the yard sale. Two of the calls were from families in the area who are moving and want us to come get all the stuff they do not want to move.
- We received a check for $15 from Just Love Coffee Roasters for the profits on a sale of coffee that was placed.
- We received an anonymous $200 donation to our AdoptTogether grant fund just today.