Somewhere during the last couple of weeks of the flu, Rhea decided that even without the necessary funds, we are going to move forward with our schedule that is in place for our FET! We have seen The Lord provide in even small amounts these last couple of weeks. We have had a preschooler give some of his own money to our adoption fund, another one of Rhea’s clients gave him a bit of cash for the fund, a couple of strangers gave to our fund this week too. All in all, in giving this week, we have received $123! That may seem a long way off from the close to $5, 000 we need, but we are stepping out in faith that The Lord will provide a way.
I started Estrace (brand name for Rx estrogen) on Thursday. This is the first of several hormones the doctor will give me to prepare my womb to recieve our babies. I will take one 2mg Estrace 2x a day. until next Saturday. Then I will add another 2mg per day until my appointment with Dr. K. Each doctor in this field uses a different protocol it seems and from visiting with the nurse on the phone this past week, Dr. K’s protocol is a lot different thatn the one I followed for Sarah and her siblings’ transfer.
Rhea and I leave for our Mock Transfer appointment at the NEDC in Knoxville on Feb 5. Our appt is the 6th at 9:00 a.m. and then we fly back to Houston late that afternoon. Our FET will be scheduled on one of the days between March 19th – 21st.
Tomorrow: We adopted from the Snowflakes program with Nightlight Christian Adoptions, so why are we going to the NEDC (National Embryo Donation Center) for our FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer)?