Lists, Lists, Lists
I am not talking Christmas shopping, as I have already finished that (whew). These lists are the ones for us to be able to leave town next Thursday. “Us” being all 6 of us. I am thinking very positively and planning that there will be an embryo transfer and I will be on bed rest for the full 5 days. If that indeed is what the Lord places in our lives, then I need to have this crew ready.
We are blessed to have enough hotel points to have a suite with an adjoining room for us to reside in while we are in Dallas. We will have plenty of room and I actually look forward to the time together in our 1200 sq. ft. living quarters to read together, play games, eat together, and laugh together.
Before that can happen, I must work the lists! Although I run the rest of my life on my iMac, I still like a legal pad for planning trips. On my list…There are clothes, toys, games, and computers to pack, pet sitting arrangements to be made, a Costco trip to make, and menu planning to be organized. With Dustin and I on special diets, I am going to have to get creative cooking in a hotel room. There is no kitchenette. I will have 2 tiny refrigerators, period. I am bringing my Blend-Tec, toaster oven, and hope to borrow a hot plate and an electric hot water kettle to take with us.
BUT before that I need to plan meals for tomorrow. Rhea and I leave at 5:00 in the morning to be at our Dallas appt. at 9:00. I have a friend coming tomorrow to stay the day with the kiddos and “run the show” over here while we are gone. We also have a phone appt with D-man’s LLMD (Lyme Disease doctor) to go over all of D-man’s test results and future treatment plan. That will happen while we are driving back to Houston tomorrow. Sound stressful? Surprisingly, I am not. ; ) I am completely relaxed and excited to see what next Friday will bring!
So, on to prayer requests:
- safe travel to Dallas and back for Rhea & I tomorrow
- for my friend and all 7 kiddos in our home tomorrow
- for me to have all questions prepared and asked ( I always forget to ask something) to both my doctor and D-man’s doctor at our appts tomorrow.
- continued good health for our family as we prepare to leave next Thursday to Dallas
- and finally, and very importantly, transportation/shipping coordination of our newest adopted little one. It is a closed adoption, so I have no idea where in our country he/she is, but please pray that the 2 clinics can coordinate transportation of our little one to Dallas IN TIME for the transfer next week.
If you have a minute, please read this embryo adoption Christmas post from a fellow EA family.