Monthly Archives: October 2008
The weather here in Colorado is amazingly perfect! We are blessed beyond imagination to have this once in a lifetime chance to stay in Rhea’s client’s 9000 sq. ft. home while Rhea updates their a/v system. You think it is hard to keep up with kids in a 2000-3000 sq.ft. home, well I spend more time than I’d like looking for my sweeties or asking someone, “Have you seen _____?” Now, I am not complaining mind you, it is just I am living in a home/world that is so not me. Could this lifestyle grow on me? Well, maybe, some of the things. I will say I am enjoying the 2 dishwashers in the kitchen, the Viking stove, 2 sinks, the 4 ovens (I haven’t used but one, but knowing I could use 4 at one time is fun to think about), the warming drawer (I have used that every night), the 2 laundry rooms, the hot tub/spa that overlooks the mountains and hearing the coyotes & elk every evening. Yes, I could get used to these things. However, the Lord has us here for a brief time and I am glad. De-cluttering & cleaning 9000 sq.ft. would not be easy and there is something about our home that is ‘just right’. This is a great opportunity for sure.
So, tomorrow, as I use the instant hot water spout to make my tea, grab a couple of Milano cookies my husband surprised me w/ yesterday, and take a seat at the table that overlooks the mountains and the golden-leaved aspen trees, I will type-up our final draft of our Intro Letter. In a few weeks we will be back to the humid-Houston area. That is where God has us and we are content. I, too, thank Him for this opportunity to be with my family in a beautiful state!
Maybe I’ll go have that tea and Milano now….I’ll just have to type our final draft tomorrow! Have a great weekend!
I have never won a blog award or been tagged, so I am honored I’ve been tagged, I think?? : ) My sweet friend Cara tagged me. Let’s see she only wants 7 quirky things about myself??
1. Even though PookieBear is about to be 1 year old, I still treasure & even love getting up with her 2x a night. The last 2 nights she has slept w/us and on us or in between us touching both her Mommy and Daddy. She has been so sick with a virus.
2. Nothing gets me quickly irritated than someone continuously crinkling plastic. Granola bar wrappers, cellophane, and chip bags can all get me tense.
3. I love chocolate & I like nuts, but my favorite is chocolate WITH nuts! I’m a salty sweet kind of gal.
4. Most like the beach for a dream vacation, but I like the mountains any season of the year (Telluride,CO especially)!
5. I can shop & organize my scrapbook & sewing areas all day long, but never seem to get around to doing either like I’d like to!
6.Rhea and I have always wanted a large family, however we both come from a family with one sibling each!