This is what PookieBear thought of her photo shoots while we were in Colorado. Actually this was a different day, but since she didn’t feel well most of the trip, we didn’t get an ‘official’ family pic for the needed adoption scrapbook. We will try here in Texas! Here are the highlights of our Cordillera, Colorado and Bossier City, LA (Barksdale AFB for my cousin’s retirement ceremony)trips.
1. With a family of 6 and all of Rhea’s equipment for the job, we had to rent a trailer.
2. I got lost (and lost the kids) in the 9000 sq. ft. house we stayed in.
3. Housekeepers/maids get $25 an hour in Vail Valley–I passed and cleaned the house.
4. CO tries to do Tex-Mex, but they need to keep trying.
5. Much more protein is needed in hotels’ free continental breakfast.
6. DVD players are great for car trips so you can ‘chat’ w/ your husband w/o the 13yo listening in.
7. I always wanted to have a birthday in Colorado, and I had one!
8. I got to see my cousin from Paris.
9. We got to pilot & navigate a B-52 Simulator.
10. We all rode in the back of a Sheriff and State Trooper’s cars on Friday night. (we couldn’t fit in one you know)–we broke down
So, with all that said, we had to reschedule our HS b/c of the car trouble. Our package finally arrived (today) and our new HS date is this coming Saturday. We have family pics to do and I need to get a physical. Other than that, the paperchase is shrinking (for the time being)
It’s great to be back!